This was a fun little project using up the scraps from a larger Halloween piece I’ll hopefully be able to photograph and share tomorrow. The paper was from K & Co and i just covered small wood tiles front and back with the paper, trying to somewhat center the spiders on the fronts of the earrings. I then covered front and back with Crackle Accents from Ranger. After both sides had dried, I applied black Stickles (Ranger) to the edges and used a McGill paper drill to make the holes to attach the jumprings for the earrings. I used the paper drill rather than a Crop-a-dile because I had forgotten to do this before applying the Crackle Accents and I was afraid of the CAD splitting the crackle. The paper drill actually drills into your project in a circular motion and I have yet to have it splinter, crack, or in any way mess up anything I’ve used it on, from acrylic to CD’s to paper and chipboard. It’s a great little tool and a wonderful option for those who might have trouble with the Crop-a-dile because of arthritis or carpal tunnel. You simply spin the handle around and even the toughest material doesn’t require any strength to turn it.
Posted on October 29, 2008 by alteredobsession